Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Riding a bike and being mean

I'm still feeling a little icky, so instead of going out for a run, not being able to finish my run and getting stranded a number of km's away from home, I decided to work out at the gym. I ended up doing a little 6.5 mile ride on the hill interval setting - that counts right? Since working out inside is BORING and I was too far away to read the closed captioning on the TVs, I couldn't help but check out what my fellow gym-goers were doing. There was one girl working out wearing black socks and white leather ballet flats with flowers - OK, her shoes were totally cute, but they were not good workout shoes! First of all, there is NO support in those shoes and most importantly, do you really want to wreck a cute pair of flats with stanky gym feet? Another girl was working out and wearing socks with old navy plastic flip-flops. *sigh* a fashion faux pas and another case of bad workout footwear. Also, when you are running on a treadmill, you don't need to slam your foot down as hard as you possibly can. Dude - I get it, you're working out hard, but its really annoying to listen to and its not good for your poor little feet.

In other news, I went to the grocery store and we are loaded up with fresh fruit, veggies and whole-grain carbs. Ahhh, fibrous delights!

1 comment: