Saturday, April 9, 2011

Green 4 Lyfe

A few notes from the week:

Wednesday: I was NOT in the mood for hills on Wednesday, so instead I went to the gym and jumped on a spinning bike for a ...umm... spin. I did 11.5 kms of intervals (1 min on max resistance, 1 min on min resistance). Afterwards I ran up 17 flights of stairs in the condo. I might have pushed into my maximum limit on Wednesday because I was right at my vomit point for about a half hour after my workout. My theory is: Working out is a lot like all-you-can-eat sushi, if you don't feel like you're going to puke at the end, you're just not doing it right.

Thursday: Cross-training + yoga. The weight training classes aren't as challenging as they were a month ago, I think it might be time to increase my weights by a bit. I'm starting to thoroughly enjoy my yoga class. I just feel super relaxed afterwards and my body is happy with the nice long stretch. On my runs, I'm starting to hear my yoga instructor's voice saying "inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale...feel the cool breath flowing in and the warm breath flowing out..." Ahhh, what's happening to me? I'm turning into a hippie!

Presents for me: Last week, I ordered the following books online:


They came in this week! I'm reading Green for Life right now. I can't wait to start making my own green smoothies, but I think I'll have to pick up a new blender. My immersion blender is starting to die, the blades are bent and it may be shedding metal shards into my fruit smoothies :( I've been doing some research over the past few days and have my eye on a couple of blenders, although what I really want is a Vita-mix blender!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment