Tuesday, May 3, 2011

21.34 km + I am soooooo S-M-R-T

First of all, a thought or two related to the election. I'd just like to say that based on my observations during my long distance weekend runs, I predicted that the Liberals were in trouble a month ago in this very blog. I am soooo S-M-R-T! Lets just see if I can predict what's going to happen in the provincial election in the fall [that is, if I'm still doing long distance runs]...stay tuned...

This past weekend was my last long run before my half-marathon. Since being prepared is not just for boy scouts anymore, I decided to try out the half-marathon route with the stuff I was hoping to use on race day. The good news is that my cute black capri tights worked out well - I should not have worried as the spandex was strong enough to keep the butt bounce under control, yet stretchy enough to let the girls (my freakishly muscular calves) have free reign to bulge all over the place. The bad news is that my favourite running hat is on the verge of dying - the velcro is pretty much worn out and the sweat stains are getting really gross. *sniffle* I've had that hat for almost 4 years!

The sun was super hot on Saturday and I ended up getting a nasty sunburn on my back, shoulders and arms -- in the shape of my racerback tank top (ugh!). The route is very scenic and I was finished my run before I knew it. John was nice enough to meet me at the end, so that I wasn't stranded many km's away from home. I couldn't sit down for awhile after my run because my legs would cramp up, so we strolled along the lakeshore for a bit and then went to a pub for lunch. I was going to get wild and have 1 beer to celebrate, but ended up just having water because I was feeling a bit sick. I caught way too much sun on Saturday and felt kinda heat-stroked for the rest of the day.

I have one more week of training and then its my favourite part of training - taper week!

Schedule:
Tuesday - Cross-training: kettle-bell workout and cardio circuit training
Wednesday - Speeds: 5 k
Thursday - Cross-training: cardio/weight interval training + yoga classes
Friday - Rest
Weekend - 6-7 k

No comments:

Post a Comment