Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Half-Marathon Eve!

Tomorrow is the big day!

I just have a few things to left to figure out. Namely, what to wear and what to put on my playlist. Well, I pretty much know what I'm wearing - I just can't decide if I want to wear my favourite green lululemon racerback tank top. I do love this tank more than anything, which is why I'm not sure I want to wear it. Do I really want to poke a bunch of little holes (courtesy of my race bib) in my fave tank top? Oooh, speaking of tops - check this one out! Haha, it's funny because it's true (*sniffle*) ... One More Mile had a booth at the race expo, I wish I had taken more time to browse around!



I need to clean up my ipod playlist - right now, it's 3.5 hours long and I'm REALLY hoping that it's not going to take me that long to finish. I'm feeling too passive to cut down my playlist right now - I should have done it yesterday when I was still feeling residual stress from a very crappy week at work.

Otherwise, there's not much left for me to do, except "rest" which is starting to get kinda boring. This morning I went to pick up my race kit and some bananas from the store for smoothies. Then I went out for a short 3km run to loosen up the legs/calm the nerves. I've spent the last few hours watching people run on CBC, playing Zoo Tycoon, pestering the kitties, drinking green smoothies and checking FB/blogspot every 2 minutes.

That's it for me! At this time tomorrow, I'll hopefully be showered and chowing down on some celebratory post-race sushi :) I hope it doesn't thunderstorm tomorrow morning. I also hope I don't start crying at the finish line. I'm FINE during all of the training runs but for some reason half-marathon races always make me want to cry at the end. Argh, I'm such a sap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment