Sunday, September 4, 2011

Update time

Wow, almost 3 months since my last post?!? My poor neglected blog!

Life became very hectic this summer, between working crazy hours during the day plus coaching during the evening and weekends - I didn't have much time for anything else. Well, that's all changed now - coaching is finished for now and summer hours at work has come to an end. No more summer hours means no more Fridays off, but I also no longer have to work 1.0 to 1.5 hours of overtime each day to get that day off. Due to massive burnout, I ended up taking the last 3 weeks off to recover and enjoy the rest of the summer. Here is a small list of things that I fully intend on, but may not actually end up posting about:

- Dragon boating
- Coaching
- My first 5 km race in 2 years
- Road trip to the East Coast!

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't run at all since my 5 km race in August :( I just needed to take a little break from running. With training for two back-to-back half-marathons, coaching and the ankle injury, running stopped being fun and had become a bit of a chore. But I do miss it, so for now I'll just run for a bit just for the sake of running...and run whenever I want, for distances that I want and at a pace that I want, instead of feeling obligated to run on scheduled days for x kms at a set pace.

As for what to do next, I have a couple of plans that I've been mulling about in my head. Perhaps I will share them once they start their metamorphosis from caterpillar of thoughts into butterfly of actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment